Author: Anoop C Nair
June 5, 2014
It’s very important to understand the difference between Physical and Virtual Backup. Backup Academy has published an excellent training video to understand this in great details. Physical backup is independent of server model, it has easy backup system, Agents are available many applications. We may also need to understand Physical backup for virtual machines, this type of backup will help to Leverage platform features Hyper-v and vSphere and Can move data very fast. Some drawbacks are Granular recovery would be a problem and Recovery could be complex in some scenarios.
Watch the video http://www.backupacademy.com/physical-vs-virtual-backups.html . You can download the video from here.
Video training is by Rick Vanover MCITP, vExpert, VCP
- How backups for physical systems work
- How backups for virtual machines work
- What frameworks are available for backups
- How restore situations are impacted
- Service catalogs and virtualization’s impact
- Opportunities by platform
- Considerations for licensing, management and administration