While upgrading workstations from SMS client to SCCM client, I ran into several workstations having WMI errors in the CCMSETUP.LOG file, specifically;
“MSI: Warning 25001. Setup failed due to unexpected circumstance. The error code is 80041001”
I was able to resolve this by following the process outlined below.
- Uninstall the SCCM client by running “%WinDir%\System32\ccmsetup\ccmsetup.exe /uninstall”
- Click on Start –> Run –> Type “services.msc” –> <enter>
- Stop the “Windows Management Instrumentation” service
- Open Windows Explorer and go to “%WinDir%\System32\Webm\Repository”
- Rename the Repository folder to “OLDRepository”
- Go back to Services.msc and start the “Windows Management Instrumentation” service
- Install the SCCM client by either pushing the client or manually installing the client from the command line on the workstation.
- View the “%WinDir%\System32\ccmsetup\ccmsetup.log” file to make sure the client installs as requested.
- Verify the “%WinDir%\System32\Webem\Repository” folder was created.